Why won't anyone name the Bad PhosphorImager?

fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 25 18:38:21 EST 1993

nishir at ohsu.edu wrote:
: In article <1993Aug24.145101.27046 at news.yale.edu> ALSOBROOK at biomed.med.yale.edu
: (John Alsobrook) writes:
: >Since I'm currently not in the market for a phosphoimager, I can't read
: between
: >the lines and figure out who the bad guys are.  But when I *DO* see a

Rae Nishi replied:

: As was pointed out to me by a more observant scientist interested in
: phosphoimagers, there is only one on the market that has the capacity to image
: chemiluminescence; ie., it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who it
: is...

But if think the point is why not just give the name. Maybe the
phosphoimagers is a reflection of the companys norm. And it would be nice
for those of us not interested in phosphoimagers just to keep track of a
companys means of doing business, in case we are thinking of another one
of their products.

I say let everyone know the company name and if they find out we are
discussing their poor habits maybe that will only lead to change in a
positive manner.

Just my late afternoon thoughts

Elizabeth