making concatmers of PCR products

Morris F. Manolson mm6y+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Aug 26 16:59:10 EST 1993

Dear netters,  I have heard reports of people first
making concatmers of PCR products
to improve the cutting of the PCR product with restriction enzymes
prior to ligating into the vector of choice.  I have also heard
(or think that I have heard) that people are just throwing in
some ligase after PCR (no fill-in, no nothing) and that this
is enough for forming concatmers.  Is this true?  I would appreciate
any and all protocols for making concatmers of PCR products.
I will of course post a summary at the end.  Thanks in
advance.  Morrie (boy, I am getting sick of PCR) Manolson

Morris F. Manolson                     Tel:  416-813-6662  (office)
Division of Cell Biology                     416-813-5594  (lab)
Hospital for Sick Children                   416-813-5028  (FAX)
88 Elm St., McMaster building        email:  Morrie at resunix.ri.sickkids.on.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M5G 1X8