Primer preparation

John Cooper cooperj at nhlbi.nih.gov
Fri Aug 27 15:26:43 EST 1993

Any body have a good protocol for preparing primers after synthesis. We have
an ABI DNA synthesizer which we use to make our primers. We deprotect them
by incubating at 55c for 5 hours then dry in a savant spinvac. My questions:

1) Is there any way to speed up the deprotect process?

2) After I dry my primers there's always a bunch of crud at the booton of
the tube that never solubilizes when I add h20. Is this wasted oligomer? Is
there a way to avoid this?

Any insights will help, thanks...

Cooper

Picard at helix.nih.gov