Primer preparation

Jouko Kalevi Pettersson petterss at plootu.Helsinki.FI
Sat Aug 28 17:23:04 EST 1993

Yan Tony Lee (ytony at acs.bu.edu) wrote:

> First of all, do not buy ABI phosphoramidites as they charge you an arm and
> a leg. You can pick up phosphoramidites through Fisher, from a company
> called Cruachem. These tend to give a higher yield.

I used at first ABI phosphoramidites, too, but I got quite a low yield.
Then I have used amidites from ABN/BioGenex, Cruachem, Glen Research
and Pharmacia. All of them gave better trityls and yields than ABI
amidites.

> Anyhow, you can shorten the deprotection time by addition of a few ml of
> ammonium hydroxide to the deprotection vial,

Could you possibly mean triethylamine? Ammonium hydroxide is used in any
case.

--
Jouko Pettersson                 Email: Jouko.Pettersson at Helsinki.Fi
Department of Biochemistry