info on Gel pumps

alan shore acpub.duke.edu
Sat Aug 28 20:45:45 EST 1993

There are water pumps that act much like a faucet aspirator.  Some fancy
ones are quite expensive ~$4000.   others are in the $500-600 range.  After
running these things for a few days,  dump the water out and refill them.
No Oil,  No corrosion in "non corrosive" pumps.  Appligen distributes one
(1800-955-1274), as does Markson (1800-528-5114).  I think the less
expensive model is made by ATG, inc  sorry I can't seem to locate my file
on these.   As someone who routinely services our group's vac pumps,  it is
my sincere wish that all vacuum pumps where buried in a landfill and
replaced with water aspiration pumps.

I'll see if I can find the file on the ATG things,  if interested,  e mail
me at  dnamaker@ acpub.duke.edu

Alan Shore