Pfu Polymerase Questions

Stillman Lab StillmanLab at bioscience.utah.edu
Mon Aug 30 16:07:18 EST 1993

	I am using a recombinant PCR technique to create transcriptional fusions
between two homologous genes. I have recovered several clones which
contain Taq induced mutations, and I am trying to find a better enzyme to
perform my PCR reactions.
	Stratagene markets the Pfu Polymerase which is supposed to have a much
lower error rate than either Taq or Vent. Has anyone actually used Pfu
and compared the rate himself? If someone has used Pfu in PCR could you
tell me if the extension time and/or temperature varies from those for
Taq. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Helen_McBride at hlthsci.med.utah.edu