which is YOUR favorite vacuum blotter?

Ann Hagemann hagemann at oregon.uoregon.edu
Tue Aug 31 17:18:25 EST 1993

Hi Suckers!
	I would like to know what vacuum blotter you use and what it's superior
features are.  I have used Pharmicia's and that works fine, but maybe there
are better ones available.  I've read descriptions of Hoefer's unit (the
least expensive one I've found), which isn't the ideal size for our
purposes, and the Stratagene Posiblot unit, which claims to be better than
a vacuum blotter.   (As an aside, can anyone explain why pressure applied
from above is any better than a vacuum applied from below, since both have
a pressure differential  across the gel?)
	Also, is it worth having a pump in order to precisely maintain the optimal
vacuum under one's gel, rather than relying on an aspirator?
	Many Thanks,
	Ann