skew sequences

John Nash nash at
Wed Dec 1 09:13:40 EST 1993

In article <1993Dec1.104015.1679 at>,
MAHARAJAH <udbs061 at> wrote:
>I too  am facing the same problem while sequenceing. When I discussed with
>my seniors they gave me the following tips.

>2. prepare the gel by clamping properly the base of the gel plate and
>see that the pressure of the clamps are evenly distributed.

I had some problems with skewing, so I called up the Gibco/BRL tech.
rep. (since I have a BRL apparatus) and his advice was:

1.  Clamp the bottom of the plates if you use a plastic bottom spacer.

2.  Don't clamp the bottom of the plates if you don't use a bottom
spacer or else you'll get bad skewing.

John Nash                           (nash at
Institute for Biological Sciences,  National Research Council of Canada,
                 Yet another Aussie-in-exile ;-)