?RNA extractions

Andre Hamel hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Thu Dec 2 14:18:03 EST 1993

I suggest including Antifoam A concentrate (Sigma cat.# A 5633) in your
GITC + sarkosyl buffers ... if filtering, include few drops in receiving
vessel, use at about 0.1% v/v (about ten drops per Litre ought to do) ...
Antifoam containing GITC/sarkosyl ought to be shaken before dispensing, as the
Antifoam tends to surface after prolonged storage ... add few drops
more if sol'n still foams after shaking ... antifoam doesn't seem to affect
functionality of sarkosyl,

best regards,
Andre Hamel                              email: hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Manitoba Veterinary Services          lab tel.: (204) 945-7630
545 University Crescent,                   FAX:(204) 945-8062
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
CANADA   R3T 5S6            ********************