Software (free?) for PCR primer design?

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 13:45:26 EST 1993

Hi James,

One of the best primer design packages is Oligo v4. Ah I hear you say, it
isn't free. But v2.0 was free! This is the original program that was
published in NAR two or three years ago and was freely available if one
pushed hard enough. I say this because the original NAR item said that the
program was freely available but the author refused to let it out. I believe
this is contrary to the NAR rules so in due course it was made available.

Those publishing in NAR in future please note! It is becoming increasingly
difficult to get hold of strains etc even for just non-commercial research
use.

Anyway somewhere I have copy of v2.0 so I'll try and find it.

Duncan
Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
GeneSys Ltd.                        | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com