ZnCl2 phage pptation.

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 13:52:34 EST 1993

Hi Netters,

I'm on the scrounge yet again.

I am continually screening for new restriction enzymes. This requires assaying
crude cell extracts with different phage DNA's. To decrease the possibility
of missing an enzyme one uses a wide variety of phages of large size and
varying G+C. ie T odd phages, T even (suitable cleavable mutants) Ad2, Lambda
methylated and unmethylated etc. I would still however like more phages but
only those above say 50kb and those that produce meaningful amounts of DNA ie
a mg or more per litre. I know phages are in culture collections but there is
very little about size etc unless one spends ages in libraries and then they
turn out to be RNA or single stranded etc.

So if you are working on phages that could suit my needs and are willing to
donate a phage stock and host then please, please let me know. If you have
some of extreme G+C or A+T then even better!

Many thanks

Duncan
Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
GeneSys Ltd.                        | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com