Rainbow markers-Precision?

George W Chacko gchacko at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 7 20:09:33 EST 1993

While on the subject of rainbow markers what are everyones thoughts on
whether they migrate consistently from batch to batch? I once ran out
lysozyme flanked by Amersham's low MW rainbows and all three bands
co-migrated but my adviser remains sceptical of them and would like to
see unstained markers in another lane which sort of defeats the
purpose. ;-) I also read in either Amersham's or Bio-Rad's technical
literature that there could be some small variation from batch to
batch because the process of conjugating the dye wasn't entirely
controlled.

GC