Cycle sequencing

Ron Kagan rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Dec 8 20:44:04 EST 1993

In article <931207.72203.RUBENKEN at delphi.com> , RUBENKEN at delphi.com
writes:
>I am trying to select the best reagent kit for manual cycle sequencing.
>What kit do you use? Why? Like it?
>Ken Rubenstein

I use the USB delta Taq kit.  I like it because it allows either 32P end
labelled primer sequencing or 35S alpha incorporation sequencing (gives
beautiful results!).  Unlike the PCR sequencing kit from Promega (fmole),
the USB kit also gives you a choice between regular and deaza-dGTP
termination mixes.

I use automated cycle sequencing in an MJ research thermocycler in
microtiter plates.
I don't know if manual cycle sequencing would work as well, though.

Ron Kagan
rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu