Invitrogen Electroporator, experiences?

Uttam Rajbhandary bhandary at wccf.mit.edu
Wed Dec 8 16:43:00 EST 1993

In article <2e2cq1$n8l at max.physics.sunysb.edu>, mhollowa at ic.sunysb.edu (Michael Holloway) writes...
>My lab is considering purchase of the Invitrogen electroporator.  It's much
>cheaper than Bio-Rad's since additional purchase of a power supply is not
>necessary.  The only problem is that we don't know of anyone who is using
>it.  Does anyone have information or experiences they can share?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike Holloway
>mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu

We just purchased one about a month or so ago, since we already had on hand
six 2kv power supplies for sequencing gels, etc.  The unit appears to work
quite well for ecoli and yeast.  We have yet to test it for mammalian cells
yet, since we do mostly transient assays (20-30 at a time!), so it loses
cost-effectiveness quickly.  However, the person using it for e.coli to make
libraries is quite satisfied with it.

Harold Drabkin