How to name a clone?

Peter M. Muriana muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu
Sat Dec 11 13:05:40 EST 1993

In article <9312092255.AA14481 at fraser.sfu.ca>, peijunz at sfu.ca writes:
>Hi netters,
>When you got a clone (cDNA clone or genomic DNA clone), you need to
>name it. I was wondering if there is any rule to do this. I recently got
>a cDNA clone of cysteine proteinase from wheat (my insert is in
>pBluescript). What name could I give to my clone?
>
>Any ideas and suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in adivance.
>Peijun Zhang >

An old review article that deals with naming conventions for plasmids can
be found in:
		Bacteriological Reviews
		vol 40:168-189, 1976
		"Uniform Nomenclature for Bacterial Plasmids: a Proposal"
		Novick et al.

Regards, Peter
*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.		Phone	= (317)-494-8284    *
*  Dept. of Food Science		FAX	= (317)-494-7953    *
*  Purdue University		E-mail	= muriana at aclcb.purdue.edu  *
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907                                          *