Any experience with M luteus?

Bill Nowatzke wnowatzk at ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Dec 11 10:08:25 EST 1993

I am working on a protein purification project in M. luteus. I am looking
for good references for working with this organism. I understand that
luteus has been used for polymerase purifications. I am also aware that
there is a new ASM book 'B. subtilis and other gram positive bacteria'
which I have requested from interlibrary loan, but not yet received. I am
wondering specifcally if i) plasmids are available for M luteus, ii) if
doubling times are typically 2-3 hrs or am I just growing them in an
inefficient way, iii) any references for gene sequences etc. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Bill