CsCl

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Dec 15 18:35:01 EST 1993

In article <9312110024.AA07064 at biology.UCSC.EDU>
 niflab at biology.ucsc.edu (Ludwig Lab-UCSC) writes:

| lines mentioned by Jim ie just because you are using CsCl and can't see
| RNA does not mean that there isn't any!
|
| Regarding internal controls, the most reliable I think would be lambda DNA
| similar ie something isolated from phage particles.

> I don't agree.  WOn't a linear lambda band at a different density than a
> closed circular plasmid?

I think the control referred to here is very clean DNA used for estimation of
DNA concentration by absorbance spectroscopy, and not the position of the band
in a CsCl/EtBr ultracentrifuge tube. To answer your question, linear DNA will
band separately from the cccDNA using this method.