Nucleic acids extraction from plant-use of CTAB

Olivier Gallet gallet at inapv.inapg.inra.fr
Wed Dec 15 12:19:36 EST 1993

Hello everybody

We are trying to detect plant pathogenic bacteria by PCR. At this moment we
are using Rogers and Bendisch hot CTAB protocol. Because it's time consuming
and delicate to use we are looking for a more user -friendly protocol but
also able to extract very small quantity of DNA.  The aim is to detect very
few bacteria from an important potato tuber peel sample.

May I have references, comments or protocols about the most efficient method
(s) you know or you are using?

Thanks in advance.