Sequencing problem

Martin Weinberger weinberger at
Fri Dec 17 17:13:00 EST 1993

Dear Netters,

Using Sequenase 2.0, I am having difficulty resolving some G residues distal
from the primer.  I have tried using a higher temperature during the extension
and termination reactions with the USB-recommended glycerol-tolerant buffer and
substituting dGTP with dITP.   These steps have not  helped.  Can someone
suggest further modifications to the Sequenase protocol or recommend an
alternative sequencing method that will allow me to cleanly resolve the
nucleotide sequence.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Martin Weinberger
weinberger at
Buffalo, NY