Problem with BrdUr labelling

Chia Jin Ngee mcblab47 at
Tue Dec 21 02:52:09 EST 1993

Hi to all in Bionetland!

I have this current problem with BrdUr labelling and it is as follows:

1. I use Amersham's Cell Proliferation kit and instead of using the
anti-mouse peroxidase in the kit, I use anti-mouse FITC from BM to stain
the anti-BrdUr antibody from the kit. I notice background staining in the
cytosol of non-S phase CEM cells.

2. Instead of using the anti-BrdUr antibody supplied in the kit, I tried
the Oncogene Science anti-BrdUr FITC but unable to get any staining at
all. I followed the protocol from the Amersham kit.

Kindly advise on the above two problems.

Blessings and thanks
Jin Ngee, Chia			Chemical Carcinogenesis Laboratory
(Genie, the OligoMan)		Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
mcblab47 at		National University of Singapore
Tel: (065)772-3797		Kent Ridge Crescent
Fax: (065)779-1117		Singapore 0511
"I'm Mr Chia not Ms Chia and I know Genie is a girl's name"-Jin Ngee, Chia