Sequencing gel problems

Tom N490047 at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU
Thu Dec 16 12:14:11 EST 1993

Hi Netters,
      I recently posted a problem maintaining enough wattage in my sequencing
gels.  First, I thank everyone for their responses.  Second, I am happy to
report that the problem is solved.  It appeared to be some strangeness with
our water.  When we used water from another lab, it worked fine.  Concurrently
we had been having problems with transformation efficiency which seems also to
be linked to the water.  The things we take for granted!

                                                        Tom