Luciferase Expression

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 22 05:24:45 EST 1993

In article <756410928snz at genesys.demon.co.uk>, Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
(Duncan Clark) wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Has anyone any idea what the expression level of active luciferase is in
> E.coli?
>
> Thanks
>
> Duncan

I have assayed various constructs from E.coli containing promoters for
human genes. Using SV40 or the human promoter i get very high luciferase
activity (higher than any transfection). I harvest 1.5ml of an overnight
culture and lyse this in 600ul. Then perform the promega lucif. assay and
it is screaming.

Martin Leach

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)