in situ hybridisation on cell cultures

Dr. M.A.N. Rattray mrattray at crc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 5 05:45:58 EST 1993

We are trying to do in situ hybridisation using 35-S riboprobes on
cell cultures.  These cultures have been grown on glass coverslips.
We intend to use liquid emulsion autoradiography - a method we
routinely use for tissue sections.

We have a problem with the coverslips - when we glue them to microscope
slides, they drop off: either during incubations or during the washes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pertinent references.

Thanks in advance

Marcus Rattray, Warren Hirst

please reply to mrattray at uk.ac.lon.umds.portia
Division of Biochemistry, UMDS, Guy's Hospital, University of London, UK