Basavaraju Shankarappa bsh at MED.PITT.EDU
Fri Feb 5 09:57:51 EST 1993

> Further to the recent comments on PFGE - as a complete novice who has recently 
> come into contact with the Hoefer Switchback pulse controller, could someone 
> tell me what OFAGE and TAFE stand for?  These are referred to (but not 
> defined!) in the Switchback manual. Thanks. :-)  Sonya Clark.

	orthogonal-field-alternation gel electrophoresis.
Carle and Olson  Nucl. Acids Res. 12: 5647 and PNAS 82: 3756

If I remember right the TAFE stands for Transverse Alternating Field Electropho
resis.  I cannot find any references for this.
Hope this helps.
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu

More information about the Methods mailing list