pSV2pac plasmid wanted

Francis Ouellette francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA
Sun Feb 7 18:38:56 EST 1993

pnj at stein.u.washington.edu (JnP) writes:

>Hi, netlanders:

>	Can anybody tell me where to obtain a pSV2pac plasmid or
>just a plasmid that contains the 'puromycin N-acetyl transferase'
>gene that encodes puromycin resistance, in the US?  The gene was
>originally cloned by Dr. Antonio Jimenez's group in Madrid, Spain.
>But I cannot find their telephone or Fax #.  If anyone knows this
>info, could you please share with me?  I would appreciate every
>help I could get.  Thank!

Dear Fred,

using gopher (discussed _many many_ times in this and other bionet/BIOSCI
groups) I found the gene 'puromycin N-acetyl transferase', but not the
pSV2pac you mention.  If you want to know more about Gopher check the
bionet/BIOSCI FAQ (frequently asked question) info sheet ... if you still
need help, give me an Email ...

regards,

francis

LOCUS       S73283       1332 bp    DNA             BCT       24-APR-1992
DEFINITION  pac=puromycin N-acetyltransferase, dmpM=O-demethyl puromycin
            O-methyltransferase [Streptomyces alboniger, Genomic, 1332 nt]

	(I sent the whole file to Fred under seperate cover)