immuno blot

lamoreauxw at memstvx1.memst.edu lamoreauxw at memstvx1.memst.edu
Wed Feb 10 12:29:47 EST 1993

I've just spent the better part of a month trying to get a blot to work.  Same
problem...Bands are present on the blot, but not detected by antibody.  When I
do a dot blot, without using any denaturation, there is a positive signal.  I
suspect that by using 2-ME and boiling as I was doing, that this has removed
the antigen recognition site.  You might try what I am...Loading the sample
without any 2-ME and not boiling.  The SDS will allow the protein to migrate,
and you night retain antigenic site.  Best of luck.