"DNA-BINDING" Synthetic Peptides

Michael CHENG a52041 at sakura.kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Feb 15 20:03:23 EST 1993

  First of all, I would like to apologize for posting the following questions
to this newsgroup since I know that not all of them are really appropriate
here. Please bear with me since this is the only way that I can think of...
  I would like to get in contact with at least one of the following people
at NIH ASAP:
Haixiang Jiang
Blake Cooper
Frank A. Robey
Henry Gewurz
  I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me their Email addresses
or a more appropriate place to find out the answer. I am interested in the
experimental procedures that they used in which this paper was published:
J. of Biol. Chem. 267 (35) pp. 25597-25601. (1992)>
  While I am at it, I guess I'll ask the important question directly:
I'm planning to see if several of peptides synthesized in our lab would bind to
DNA. What the authors above wrote in their paper was to dissolve the peptides
in TBS, mix the peptide(s) with DNA, then run the mixture on 0.8% agarose gel
with loading dye and see if the migration of the DNA is retarded. What I'm
wondering is: Is there an incubation period or if the temperature is a critical
factor when I mix the peptide(s) with the DNA?
  Although I'm a faithful reader of this newsgroup, I would appreciated if all
the answers or flames could be mailed to me directly. Of course, I'm more
than happy to post the complete exprimental procedure to the newsgroup if I get
any request.
  Thank you in advance.

Michael Cheng
a52041 at sakura.kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp