Releasing adherent cells w/o trypsin

rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 05:07:10 EST 1993

In article <1993Feb8.135444.2010 at vax1.utulsa.edu>, bma14432 at vax1.utulsa.edu writes:

> Dear Netter,
>
> I vaguely recall a conversation a couple years ago where someone
> mentioned a protocol for releasing adherent cells from tissue culture
> flasks/dishes without trypsinizing them. I believe it involved EDTA but
> I'm not sure.

Try banging the flask to dislodge the cells, in PBS/0.5mM EDTA.
I am informed this would probably work, depending how adherent are your
cells......
Richard P. Grant                        rpgrant at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Chemical Pathology Department           Tel. +44 865 275565
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology    Fax. +44 865 275556
OXFORD, UK.				<><
"I pledge allegiance to Queen Fragg and her mighty state of hysteria!"
- Calvin