pSV2pac plasmid wanted

Dennis J. Templeton djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu
Tue Feb 16 14:29:37 EST 1993

In a previous article, pnj at stein.u.washington.edu (JnP) says:

>Hi, netlanders:
>
>	Can anybody tell me where to obtain a pSV2pac plasmid or
>just a plasmid that contains the 'puromycin N-acetyl transferase'
>gene that encodes puromycin resistance, in the US?  The gene was
>originally cloned by Dr. Antonio Jimenez's group in Madrid, Spain.
>But I cannot find their telephone or Fax #.  If anyone knows this
>info, could you please share with me?  I would appreciate every
>help I could get.  Thank!
>
>-Fred

We use a great retrovirus pBABEpuro that encodes the puromycin resistance
gene in the context of a 3rd generation retroviral vector.

See Morgenstern and Land, NAR 18 (3587-96) (1990)

The vector is available from :
Dr. Hartmut Land
Imperial Cancer Research Fund
Lincoln's Inn Fields
London, WC2A 3PX
ENGLAND

There are also related vectors with Hygro, Neo and Bleomycin genes.

We really like the Puromycin, since Puro is cheap and stable, and it kills
the uninfected (or untransfected) cells in 2-3 days.

good luck,

dennis