35S-dATP, T7 DNA polymerase sequencing problems

Hugo Eric eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
Sat Feb 20 14:56:28 EST 1993

Dear Bionetters,
     For the past month our lab has been having problems getting
good, readable seq using 35S-dATP and Sequenase v2.0. Our seq
gels give very faint exposures and this appears to be independent
of DNA (several different preps and templates), primers, and
Sequenase kits (same results with an old kit and a new kit).
If anyone has been having similar problems please email
me a note.  I'm trying to determine if it is our label or
not (even though two different lots give the same results.
Thanks
  Eric R. Hugo, Postdoctoral Research Associate |eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
  Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics|
  Washington University School of Medicine      |
  Box 8231, St. Louis, MO 63110_________________| (314) 362-3342