Good HKG for quantitative PCR

GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Sun Feb 21 00:01:00 EST 1993

Hello Fellow Netters,
    I am posting this question for a friend
who is not hard wired to the net yet.  Does anyone
know of a gene or genes (of house keeping variety) other than actin or
G3PD that can be used for standardizing quantitative PCR from
RTed mRNA extracted from mammalian tissue samples?  The problem
with these two genes, I gather, are the psuedo genes that amp
from the DNA also found the nucleic acid prep. There has been no luck
so far with with DNAseI digestion, followed by phenol extraction and
precipitation
(using glycogen as a carrier).  A simple fix is to use a house keeping gene
that has no psuedo genes.  Are there any currently used for this purpose?
Thanks in advance!!!!
Dan Gietz
Department of Human Genetics
University of Manitoba
770 Bannatyne Ave, Rm 250
Winnipeg, Man, Canada     "where its -25 outside"
R3E 0W3
GIETZ at BLDGHSC.LAN1.UMANITOBA.CA