SEC (was Re: Column Chromatography

Dan Diaz bl275 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Tue Feb 23 22:34:11 EST 1993

In a previous article, fgarbrec at POST.ITS.MCW.EDU (Frederick Garbrecht) says:

>What specifically do you need to know?  Pharmacia used to publish a
>pamphlet called "Gel Filtration: theory and practice".  They probably
>still do; you can likely get a copy by calling them up.  It has lots of
>specific information on all their gel filtration products, as well as
>general information on gel filtration.

Our friends at Pharmacia now charge about $15 for the new edition of this
formerly free booklet.  Its still worth the price.  The best theoretical
discussion I have read on size exclusion chromatography can be found in the
Protein Purification book by Janson and Ryter.
Dizzy Dan         ddiaz at cwru.bitnet      bl275 at cleveland.freenet.edu
Department of Molecular Genetics and Curried Sauces
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Da Bronx, New York