Question: Genomic Libraries

GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca GIETZ at bldghsc.lan1.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 25 17:48:00 EST 1993

I would be grateful if someone could suggest an article which describes in
detail the theory and procedure for making genomic libraries in EMBL3. The
instructions came with the EMBL3 cloning kit (Stratagene) are not detailed
enough in terms of the theory. Please e-mail me the reference(s).
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Afzal Siddiqui

Hi Afzal!
    Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual (1982)
by Maniatis, Fritsch, and Sambrook has a chapter
dealing with genomic library construction in lambda.
 Pages 270 to 294.  All the references are here too!
The reference for EMBL1,2,3,&4 is :
Frischauf et al. (1983) J.Mol.Biol. 170: 827-842.

Hope this helps!
Dan Gietz
Department of Human Genetics
University of Manitoba