HELP:nonmutagenic thermostable DNA polymerase

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Feb 27 15:12:36 EST 1993

In <C2pMMy.8xM at news2.cis.umn.edu> eschen at molbio.cbs.umn.edu (Art Eschenlauer) writes:

>Does anyone "out there" routinely use a thermostable DNA polymerase
>other than Taq for PCR-ing 2 kb fragments of DNA? I need a reliable one
>that is not as mutagenic as Taq to clone some GC-rich DNA sequences.
>Thanks. Please mail replies to eschen at molbio.cbs.umn.edu

A colleague of mine uses Pfu polymerase sold by Stratagene. This polymerase
is claimed to be even more thermostable as Vent and introduce fewer errors.
However, even with this enzyme he has found mutations to occur :-(
--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (Internet)   HAS CHANGED!!  */