Dear all,

Mr. K.R. Raj kraj at crc.ac.uk
Sat Feb 27 16:54:42 EST 1993

I would be gratefull if any of you out there can give me any information
about the MMTV LTR promoter. I have cloned the lac Z gene under the control
of this promoter and electroporated it into L cells (mouse cells) and
obtained magnificient blue cells when I stained the cells with X-gal solution.
The promoter was turned on even before addition of Dexamethasone. With tith
the addition of Dexamethasone, the intensity of the blue increased about
2X.

Now here is the problem: When I electroporated the same DNA (MMTV LTR-lac Z)
into human cervical keratinocytes under electroporation conditions that were determin
optimised for human cervical keratinocytes, I manage to get a good
number of cells to take up the DNA but the cells fail to express
the lac Z gene.