DNA purification

Daniel Mytelka;612 Barker;x2-5110 mytelka at codon1
Mon Jan 4 18:19:42 EST 1993

>Geneclean II glassmilk efficiently removes DNA 200 bases or longer from
>agarose gels. Who has tried to isolate shorter (50-200) fragments.

The MERMAID kit is designed for isolating shorter pieces of DNA (it is also
a BIO101 product). I have never used it for isolating DNA directly from
a gel, but I got essentially 100% recovery of a 20mer when precipitating
from solution. It is designed for isolating from gels as well.

Dan Mytelka (mytelka at mendel.berkeley.edu)