Sequence of the mouse DHFR gene

Dan Jacobson danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Tue Jan 5 10:20:08 EST 1993

In article <eric.725999234 at bcserv> eric at bcserv.wustl.edu (Hugo (Eric)) writes:
>Dear Bionetters,
>     I am seeking the nucleotide sequence for the cDNA encoding
>the mouse dihydrofolate reductase gene product.  A Genbank search
>turned up only promotor regions of the mouse gene.  I am particularly
>interested in the sequence of the cDNA described in:
>Murray, et al.  1983.  Mol. Cell Bio. 3(1):32-43.

The Genbank locus names for the 6 exons of mouse dihydrofolate reductase are

MUSFOL1, MUSFOL2, MUSFOL3, MUSFOL4, MUSFOL5, MUSFOL6.  I didn't find a
mouse dhfr published by Murray but did find a Escherichia coli dihydrofolate
reductase gene (ECODHFRA) which was associated with Murray.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu