Martin Kennedy cytogen at
Sun Jan 24 17:34:41 EST 1993

In article <9301231934.AA10759 at>, GWU5042 at GWUVM.GWU.EDU (Hans Xie) writes:

> Has anyone had exprience in mixing up two probes in one northern, such
> as one probe for detecting signal, another actin probe for normalization?
> How is it as compared to doing northern twice with stripping?

I don't think it would be wise to mix the actin probe with your test probe
unless you have an idea of the level of expression relative to actin.  I always
do my test probing first, then reprobe with actin without bothering to strip
off the first signal.

Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = cytogen at
Cytogenetic and Molecular Oncology Unit
Christchurch School of Medicine