Short sequence screens of genbank, EMBL, etc..

Thomas J Radosevich tjrad at iastate.edu
Fri Jul 2 11:37:51 EST 1993

Hi all,

Recently I've noticed GCG's problem with homology screening databanks for
short sequences.  Namely, fastA and tfastA searches that miss known
highly conserved sequences and even exact matches for oligos or peptides
around 30-60 residues.  I've heard of specific programs designed for these
search conditions but don't know their names or where ro get them--Can
anyone help me out?

Thanks, Tom

BTW--If you e-mail suggestions to me, I'll post a summary.