His-tag Fusions

Patricia Foster pfoster at bu.edu
Mon Jul 5 16:07:44 EST 1993

Hi Netters
   A number of people have posted about contaminating bands with GSH
fusion proteins.  I have a contamination band with a his-tag fusion
using pET22b from Novagen and purifying on a Ni column.
I called them about it, but they
said no one else has reported it and it must have something to do
with my protein.  The band is about 45kD, so is not dnaK.
   However, I happened to notice in a Novagen advertisment for the
pET fusions that *they* show a clear band that looks about 45kK
in their example gel!
   Anyone else have it?  Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
pat
--
Patricia L. Foster
Boston University School of Medicine