looking for a PC clone of mac programs!!?

01moo at ac.dal.ca 01moo at ac.dal.ca
Wed Jul 7 16:37:28 EST 1993

Hello!

I am looking for a software program for the PC which will do
everything relating to DNA/RNA/PROTEIN analysis.  It must
allow for sequence input, editing, and conversion to the
various formats required by GENBANK, EMBL, etc.  Multiple
sequence comparisons are a must, and the program must be able
to handle more than 2 sequences at a time.  i have tried
SEQAID, AUTHORIN, MACAW, and others.  A Windows based
application would be nice (MACAW was good, but where can i get
a good, updated copy?), but one which will replace the
multitude of programs i have on my computer would be great.
        DNA stryder, and MacVECTOR for the macintosh are great
programs!  is there anything similar for the PC?

Note: the programs do not have to be shareware, or public
domaian.  Commercial program recommendations are welcome as
well.  Thanks for your time!

-chris
(please e-mail replies if possible)