PCR on mouse spleen tissue

RICHARD P. PHIPPS PHIP at BPHVAX.BIOPHYSICS.ROCHESTER.EDU
Thu Jul 8 13:42:55 EST 1993

     Does anyone have any experience doing PCR or RT-PCR on mouse spleen?
We've been having trouble getting good amplification from RNA extracted
from spleen using the same methods we've had luck with for cell lines.
I know that doing PCR on blood requires special treatment, and I was
wondering if these might also be a good idea for spleen.  I'd greatly
appreciate hearing about other people's experiences and strategies.

Rick Willis
University of Rochester Cancer Center