Cloning & expression of algal genes in yeast

Ramin Charles Nakisaramin r.nakisa at
Thu Jul 8 14:23:36 EST 1993

I want to express a number of algal genes in yeast. Can anyone recommend a
strategy for mRNA purification and construction of a cDNA library?

The genomic sequences are between 1.2 and 2 kb in length. I have about 300
b.p. of sequence from the central region of each gene and a number of
positive clones from a lambda GEM-11 genomic library.

I already have a yeast expression vector but am unsure which vector to use
for the library.

Please send replies to mbrpe at   I'll post a summary.

Richard Pearson,
Biophysics Section,
The Blackett Lab,
Imperial College,
< Ramin Charles Nakisa, "She walks in beauty Tel:    071 589-5111 x 6729   >
> Biophysics Section,   As the night of      FAX:    071 589-0191          <
< The Blackett Lab,     starry skies and     EMAIL:                        >
> Imperial College,     cloudless climes..."         ramin at        <
< London SW7 2BZ.                                    mbrcn at >