Reverse transcriptase for RT-PCR

RICHARD P. PHIPPS PHIP at BPHVAX.BIOPHYSICS.ROCHESTER.EDU
Thu Jul 8 09:27:36 EST 1993

Hello, net

     I'm just about to do a big, expensive semi-quantitative RT-PCR
 experiment with mouse lung tissue and I want to squeeze as much info
 as possible out of it.  I've got quite a bit of experience with
 RT-PCR using USB MMLV-RT, and I was wondering if anyone is using
 RNAse H(-) RTs such as superscript from BRL.
 Is it worth the extra expense for this type of assay?

     Also, I'm planning to use total RNA prepared by TRI-REAGENT and
priming RT with oligo dT.  This is what I've always done successfully,
but if anyone has a problem with it, I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Rick Willis
University of Rochester Cancer Center