Invitrogen PCR Optimizer: Comments?

Fri Jul 9 11:47:25 EST 1993

In <1993Jul9.114827.3934 at> engman at writes:

> I'm interested in trying the PCR Optimization kit ("Optimizer") from
> Invitrogen.  If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate any
> comments (successes, failures, etc.) on the kit before I send away for it.
It's certainly important to try as much as possible to optimize your PCR
reactions for different primer sets.  I think the Invitrogen kit optimizes
on the basis of Mg++ concentration, pH, and the presence or absence of DMSO
in the reaction in a trial and error type system to see what combinations
work the best.

I would just copy the conditions used for the kit and try it yourself, instead
of paying however much for them to do it.

Rick Willis
University of Rochester Cancer Center