Invitrogen PCR Optimizer: Comments?

Stuart Brown browns at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jul 9 16:32:24 EST 1993

In article <1993Jul9.114827.3934 at ucbeh.san.uc.edu> engman at ucbeh.san.uc.edu writes:

>I'm interested in trying the PCR Optimization kit ("Optimizer") from
>Invitrogen.  If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate any
>comments (successes, failures, etc.) on the kit before I send away for it.
>------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
>James Engman                  |
>Dept. Biological Sciences     |                 \      __      /
>ML06                          |      /            \  /    \  /       /
>University of Cincinnati      |     {[[[[}===<     /\       \       /
>Cincinnati, OH 45221-0006     |      \           /    \ __ /  \ __ /
>(513) 556-9759                |

	I usually like kits, but I see little use for this one.  Why not
just use a PCR buffer without Mg+ and do your own "optimization" by
using a concentration range of Mg+?  You could also throw in an
"optimization" of DNA concentration and PCR annealing temperature too!

	-Stu

--
Stuart M. Brown                             If you can remain cool when all
U. of Manitoba, Dept. Plant Science         Around you are in panic,