Oligos for mutagenesis: How pure?

mrege at cnbvx3.cnb.uam.es mrege at cnbvx3.cnb.uam.es
Fri Jul 9 11:07:56 EST 1993

Hello netters,

I need some oligos for site-directed mutagenesis, and I've found
that they are TERRIBLY expensive! , especially when you want them
to be 5' phosphorilated, and PAGE purified. I've heard of some other
methods to purify oligos, but I don't know if they do produce oligos
pure enough to use them in site-directed mutagenesis (Kunkel method).

Can anyone in Cyberville review such methods in order to assess their
suitability for s-d mutagenesis?

Or, in other words, can I use cartridge-purified oligos with good
efficiency, or must I use FPLC or PAGE-purified ones?
(I'm not planning to purify them by myself, but to buy them to the
cheapest-but-reliable source available. Some hints on this are also
welcome)

Thank you

Josefina

Josefina Enfedaque               josefina at farmacia.ub.es