What is miracloth?

Andre Hamel hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jul 10 10:18:17 EST 1993

In article <21kg77$l2j at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu> dd544 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Paul F. Lehmann Ph.d.) writes:

>In a preparation for DNA from plants, the author uses miracloth
>to filter the preparation.  I can't trace the author (Anil Jhingan)
>so can someone enlighten me what miracloth is?
>
>Thank you
>
>Paul Lehmann, Ph.D.
>Department of Microbiology
>Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
>
>Lehmann%0[D[D[D
>
>Lehmann%opus at mcoiarc.bitnet   or  Lehmann%opus at cutter.iarc.mco.edu

Typical gauze used for first aid is similar ... use several layers of
sterile gauze for effect of acting as a filter to get out course debris

regards, Andre
Andre Hamel                                 email: hamel at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Manitoba Veterinary Services                lab tel.: (204) 945-7630
Infectious & Genetic Disease                     FAX: (204) 945-8062
Mol.Biol.Lab., Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA