IBM image manip. software

Don Back BACKD at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Sat Jul 10 19:59:33 EST 1993

In article <9307092052.AA05426 at net.bio.net> JOFTOPSM at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (Jamie Stanek) writes:
>From: JOFTOPSM at VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (Jamie Stanek)
>Subject: Re: IBM image manip. software
>Date: 9 Jul 93 20:45:11 GMT

>your autoradiographs I would like to share some thoughts. As an undergraduate
>I was the photo editor for the campus paper and we worked exclusively off Mac
>because Macs are designed for graphic arts and desktop publishing. IBMs are
>great business machines but really don't do the things a Mac can. I don't know
>of any sophisticated software for IBM that will let you do nearly as much as
>PHOTO Shop or Adobe Illustrator will in MAC. I may be wrong. Go out and buy
>some copies of MacWorld magazine and find out who makes scanning and
>manipulation software and call 'em up and ask. The people at the software
>companies may know of a source of something for IBM.

>If not.. try and finagle your department head into purchasinga MAC software and
>a scanner.

>Jamie Stanek
>JOFTOPSM at VTVM1.cc.vt.edu
You might try PHOTOSHOP for Windows. It was once true that Macs were much
better for graphics manipulation than PCs. This is no longer the case.
The general consensus now adays is that the high end PC packages exceed
anything available in the MAC world.
Also look at Corel Draw 4.0.

Don Back
Department of Biochemistry
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
Donald Back
Department of Biochemistry         Phone: (613) 545-2982
Queen's University                 Fax:   (613) 545-2497
Kingston, Ontario. CANADA.         E-mail: BACKD at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
K7L 3N6