Problems with Promega silver sequencing kit

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at
Sat Jul 10 05:08:02 EST 1993

In <C9x0uo.6q0 at> browns at (Stuart Brown) writes:

>In article <741464187snz at> claus at writes:
>>In article <1993Jun23.200801.6172 at> YU at writes:
>>>We tried the Promega silver sequencing kit. We have problems with it
>>>The biggest being partof the gel stuck to the siliconized plate instead
>>>of the "bind silane"-treated plate and thus splitting the gel. Anybody
>>>has any ideas/similar expierences?

>	Second, I make sure the bind silane plate is dry and well
>washed with ETOH.  Too much bind silane seems to migrate through
>the gel or something to get onto the other glass plate??

Yes, this may happen especially if your gel is very thin or you
use it not immediately after pouring. This bind silane does
not get off when cleaning the plate with EtOH. Use acetone or
chloroform instead.

/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at (until Sept 1st)            */
/*        krasel at                                */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (R. Dawkins / anonymous)     */